Wednesday 11 June 2014

Back on the bike

I think the fear of what's coming has held me back for a bit to long now. Something that I truly love, cycling, has taken a bit of a back seat during this whole planning for the Cape to Cairo expedition.

Not any more! Its the mere thing that got me out of this town when I was drawing in my own depression, addictions and frustration. Its the only thing that has never lied to me, always been there and given me hope when all else fades. So sitting back in my room pondering whether to get back into training today...it soon became a no brainer! Of course I would get out there today.

Although I know the pain that lies ahead. The feeling of absolute fatigue in both legs and lungs, theres a feeling of freedom and love we often forget about that accompanies these tough times.

Everything is at peace and well when I head out onto the dirt roads in the chilly morning air. I feel alive again and my smile returns, not on my face, but in my heart.

Had a nice slow 40 mins out on the mountain bike today. The journey begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters less than the story...

 Today I was running.  It is Sunday, my long run.  The run that builds endurance.  It builds stamina and everything I need to complete my ma...