Sunday 8 June 2014

Plagued with injuries

I have been having a bit of an unfortunate spell of injuries from a sport that I haven't been involved with in years!

Usually my injuries have come from cycling related falls or sessions but at the beginning of this year I have started playing a bit of field hockey again with my local club. It has been incredible. I have really missed team sports but boy have the injuries been frustrating.

At the beginning of the season I broke my hand and ave now pulled some ligaments in my knee. Need to be out training more if I am going to push myself to the max on the field each week.

The planning for the Cape to Cairo or rather the Cairo to Cape Expedition has been going slowly but is picking up nicely. We have managed to get a couple of sponsors on board which has been great. Gives a real peace of mind to know there are people other than me believing in this project.

So the unknown lies ahead now and I am getting quite anxious sitting around in Witbank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters less than the story...

 Today I was running.  It is Sunday, my long run.  The run that builds endurance.  It builds stamina and everything I need to complete my ma...