Tuesday 16 August 2016

God the restorer

I took over a business that had seen its shares of ups and down over the past year. Stepping into the unknown. Myself and the other director received a word from God: "I will raise you up, I will deliver this into your hands, there will be challenges and I will fight for you, I will restore everything taken from you, and more."

Looking back on that promise this month has been quite difficult. But in the end, I have been brought to my knees again.

Many of you know I have become part owner and Director at CrossFit Mammoth , it has been a roller coaster ride in which God has taken the business to new levels. Both in a business sense and in terms of members results, God has blessed us immensely.

"Please note that there are two urgent payments to be made for the year 2015 and 2016..." the amounts totaled in the thousands of rands. A bit of "entitlement" welled up inside of me, as I brought the issue before God. "Lord this is not my responsibility, I didn't mess this up..."
The previous management had missed two important payments that could lead to a couple of legal issues for whichever reasons. Then another email "I have sent a mail canceling my membership 3 months ago, we would like the money back,"
Again this sense of anger, adopting issues I hadn't been aware of. Again this payment led into the thousands.

With two big payments due I realized that sometimes in life, we need to take ownership. Own the dream, own every part of it, even the bad...and if you don't, you will never own the blessing. In Faith I made the two payments and remembered the promise..."I will restore."

Its funny when we let go, and peacefully walk faithfully, you move out of Gods way to work.

Last night a member I haven't seen in months came into the box. I was so excited to see him and to have him back training and after the session we got speaking.
"Who runs the invoices...." He Asked, I cringed because this is something I had taken over as well, with all its many months of "mess" it had run into. Solving the accounts was near impossible and tens of thousands of rands needed to be written off. Own it all....I thought in my mind. I smiled.
"Thats me," I said
"I got an invoice saying I am behind three months, I think its wrong because I paid ahead 6 months, thats ended and now I have paid another 6 months."
It was true, the account was reflecting his payment. I sorted the issue with him without him knowing how much that 6 month in advance payment had assisted us in the month. Then another 3 new members joined and paid there fees to recover the exact amount we had lost in the month. and then...Another new member joined and paid and Gods promise over us was fulfilled..."I will restore everything taken from you and more..."

I got home last night emotional realizing the blessing and promise.

I want to encourage you today. God is so faithful to his word, if you will trust him in faith and not try figure everything out, he will fight for you while you sleep. He is opening doors you couldn't even imagine. Try trusting him today with the promise you have received. Take heart in the small victories and give him the glory for your success.

We are only stewards with entrusted Kingdoms on this earth, always remember that, he owns it all.


1 comment:

  1. Amen and amen. ..I stand by every word you've said Keegs. Not only can I relate but I've lived in God's restoration promise through you.
    "He who began a good work in you, will be faithful to complete it" this was only the beginning....

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion matters less than the story...

 Today I was running.  It is Sunday, my long run.  The run that builds endurance.  It builds stamina and everything I need to complete my ma...