Tuesday 11 November 2014

The fear in attempting great things

Hi Brent,

These past couple have day have been an absolutely crazy roller coaster journey. Up and down, yes and no and in a perfect circle and back round to the decisions I started at. I find me talking myself out of the Cairo to Cape Town expedition every day and then convincing myself that I need to have faith and press on. Then later I use reason to explain to myself why I can't possibly do it, mainly because of the money. Then I enter the word and start praying and God reveals many scriptures to me about walking in faith, following him and trusting in his ways. 

I think this is just an incredible testimony of how we trust God so fully and depend on him, but absolutely conditionally. What if decisions involved out lives, our finances, our kids lives, our health, then how dependent are we. Or in those instances do we turn and take the steering wheel from God and say, God, I got this, see you later. 

Its my battle as we speak. Every time I get quite with God he leads me into visions of Moses, leading his people, using what he had (his staff) and pressing on towards an impossible goal. 

By faith on the 31st on December I fly out to Egypt, by faith I start my trip on January 2nd and by Faith I finish the trip in two and a half months. By faith I will go!

Faith without works is dead! This is my "work" to listen and obey every word from God. 

Happy Birthday to your wife as well (I have wished her) but I just pray that God will bless you guys and open the eyes of your hearts each day a new, to love and cherish and hold the gift that God has given you. 

Love you all!





Keegs 

1 comment:

  1. Godspeed my man! I admire you so much right now. Hooooo!

    Regrds,
    Mandla Zibi
    (famous blogger-to-be?)

    ReplyDelete

Your opinion matters less than the story...

 Today I was running.  It is Sunday, my long run.  The run that builds endurance.  It builds stamina and everything I need to complete my ma...