Sunday 23 November 2014

Embassies and vaccinations

Cant believe the amount of time that goes into planning the vaccinations needed for a trip like this. I was lucky enough to stumble into a Licensed Travel Clinic where the kind lady broke the news to me.

"Sir, you are going to need at least 4 destinations, you are mad!" She said.
Oh goodness, Im probably more scared for the injections than I am for the long Flight to Egypt, but its all a step in the process I suppose. I need to go and pick up my VISA From the Egyptian Consulate  tomorrow as well.

The applications for VISA's are so strange. You even need bank statements and proof of accommodation just for incase you decide to stay in their country and make a run for it. With the amount of terrorist attacks happening I would say that proper clearance for VISA's is required but then again in this instance I'm just wishing I could be an exception to the rule.

Been thoroughly enjoying reading Ron Rutland's (FAT KID ON A BIKE) blog entries about Sudan and Ethiopia. He's an inspiration guy. I have found his attitude to be incredibly good even in bad situations, what a man!

Been doing some reading on Mark Beaumonts bicycle trip around the world as well which looked absolutely epic! He tells some good stories as well, but not as good as Ron's...

And yes indeed, I have just opened my eyes to a new day, Monday morning back here in South Africa and realized that I have written this post incredibly badly! My editor would kill me is she read this...ooops, just had to get some news out!
Kunjani
Keegs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your opinion matters less than the story...

 Today I was running.  It is Sunday, my long run.  The run that builds endurance.  It builds stamina and everything I need to complete my ma...